We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Okay, here we go! I have another amazing recipe for you. Today’s recipe is for a Homemade Body Wash that has a great lather and makes you skin feel smooth and soft, not dry and tight!
If you are following me or just a friend of mine, you know that I try out and test these recipes thoroughly before I post or sell any of the products. There are two reasons I do this: I want to give you a product that is similar or better than what you can buy in the store and I don’t want you to go through all the work I have to find the best recipes. Because, believe me, I have come across some not so good recipes that just did not work for me and my family! Anyway, enough with the failed research (drop me a line and I can tell you some stories), let me get down to business!
Like I stated earlier this recipe has a really nice lather and feels like silk on your skin. And, It is so gentle that my kids actually love using it!
Coconut Milk Body Wash
- 1/2 cup [eafl id="452" name="Coconut Milk" text="Coconut Milk"] (Can't find the products, click on the links!)
- 2/3 cup [eafl id="453" name="Castile Soap" text="Castile Soap"]
- 2 teaspoons of [eafl id="454" name="Vegetable Glycerin" text="Vegetable Glycerin"]
- 3 teaspoons of [eafl id="455" name="Vitamin E" text="Vitamin E"], [eafl id="317" name="Sweet Almond Oil" text="Sweet Almond"], and/or [eafl id="456" name="jojoba oil" text="Jojoba Oil"] (I like to do a mix of these! A teaspoon of Vitamin E, 2 teaspoons of Sweet Almond or a teaspoon of each)
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (Some of my favorite blends are [eafl id="247" name="Peppermint" text="Peppermint"] and [eafl id="246" name="Eucalyptus" text="Eucalyptus"], Citrus Blends, or [eafl id="245" name="Rosemary" text="Rosemary"] and [eafl id="328" name="Lavender" text="Lavender"]!)
Mix all the ingredients together and add it to your favorite pump or squeeze bottle. You can mix the ingredients together with a whisk or immersion blender. *Note: If you use an immersion blender it may cause some foaming, once it settles you can add it to your favorite bottle. I like using the immersion blender, I think it mixes the ingredients better.
*Additional Note: This is a homemade product and may separate, if this happens just give it a little shake and its ready to use!
As always, if you don’t want to make it or you just don't have time, you can purchase it in my store! Click on the link and it will take you there! https://believeinthebasics.com/shop/
Thanks for stopping in and reading my post!
Have you tried a homemade body wash recipe? What were your thoughts? Do you have a favorite recipe? Drop me a line and tell me all about it.